As we all are aware, good sleeping habit is good for one’s physical health and mental health. Researchers show that an average human being should sleep at least for 8 hours a day. But, think for a while, are you able to sleep properly, especially on holidays? Definitely no. In fact, we can get out from insomnia by following natural remedies for sleep disorders.
Do you have sleepless nights? Has proper rest become your long-lost friend? Don’t worry, you are one among the majority in this world.
We all know that we have our own definition of a holiday. It is the day when we plan many things like visiting our relatives or some adventure with friends and family. These are sufficient to bring stress to our mind. Sleepless nights can bring a headache, pain, weakness, stress, and pain in eyes.
Increased workload and competition have driven most of the humans stressed and out of their sleep. Statistics say that almost 45% of the American citizens are the victims of Insomnia with Stress being the major factor. Cortisol, a stress-causing hormone, blocks the sleep hormone and crosses out the possibility of what could be otherwise a good sleep.
The most popular temporary solution
But keep in mind that more use of sleeping pills can cause addiction.
The best alternative
The Natural Approach to insomnia by following natural Remedies For Sleep Disorders.
Don’t worry, there are some natural remedies for sleep disorders present which can relieve you from your torment.
Most of us probably don’t know that salt and sugar, normally present in the kitchen, can provide an appropriate way.
Salt And Sugar
Salt and sugar are very important for human body and its metabolism. They regulate the stress hormones and offer power to the cells. They act as Cell Chargers by regulating the amount of Glucose and Sodium in the body.
Watch This Video On Himalayan Salt
How To Utilize Salt And Sugar To Get A Good Sleep?
- Pink colored Himalayan salt – 2 tablespoons
- Country sugar(organic) – 2 tablespoons
- Honey – 5 tablespoons.
Shake all the ingredients in a bottle so that a consistent mixture is formed.
How To Use The Sugar And Salt Mixture?
Take a tablespoon of this mixture and apply it under the tongue. You will find yourself in astound sleep even before it melts. Try it and impress yourself.
Himalayan Salt’S Medicinal Values
- High concentration of Sodium in Himalayan salt is highly effective against the effects of low blood pressure such as dizziness and hence this salt is really helpful in case of low blood pressure.
- One of the salt’s wonders is that it can absorb the essential items from the diet, thereby causing easy digestion of food. This reduces digestive problems and checks the weight gain.
- The salt’s properties greatly contribute in strengthening the bones and tissues. This can easily relieve us from Arthritis and fracture. Don’t forget to add the magical Himalayan salt to your diet at least after reading this.
- It acts as good cleansing agent and antitoxin. It melts away the body fat and keeps the body fit.
Grandma’s Natural Remedies For Sleep Disorder:
If you are fed up with Allopathic medicines, this is the right place to find alternative natural remedies for your sleep disorders. Because there are loads of remedies present below based on Siddha/Ayurveda Medicine:-
- Take a glass of milk and heat it well. Add two pieces of garlic and drink it before sleep. This can bring proper sleep. Also, it takes care of digestive problems and excretes out undesirable waste from the body.
- Take equal quantities of Tulsi, Bael, Manali leaves and grind them to get a powdery mixture. Consume 2 grams of the mixture every night, exactly an hour before sleep.
- Mix some Cumin seeds in water and boil the mixture. Add some honey and drink it before you go to sleep.
- Similarly, prepare a powdered mixture of 50 grams each of white pepper, rose, dried ginger and take it in morning as well as in the evening.
- Yogurt is used as an excellent natural remedy for sleep disorders. Consume three cups of yogurt daily and you will see yourself cheerful and peaceful owing to proper and sound sleep.
- Cover Tulsi leaves in cotton cloth and keeps it under your head before your sleep.
Tip: Don’t forget to add a banana to this list of remedies. Try having at least a banana every night before sleep.
Normal Day To Day Practices
Time is Yours
Prepare yourself to spend a peaceful evening. Write your plan on a piece of paper. This will help you to spend a cheerful night. Relax by reading books and taking bath at night. These things will lead you to a proper and peaceful sleep.
Switch Off Your Electronic Items
Switch off all your electronic items 60-90 minutes before sleep. Otherwise, the harmful rays emitted by Mobiles or Televisions can disturb your brain and affect sleep. Never ever place them in your bedroom. Otherwise, you will get the urge to use them.
Don’t consume caffeine within 6 hours before you sleep. Avoid the habit of taking coffee in the evening after taking some in the morning. These things usually take a toll on your sleep. Instead, try herbal tea, camomile tea. Apart from their taste, they bring you good sleep as well.
Avoid protein rich food at night. Because they bring digestive problems and affect sleep. Take light dinner consisting of carbohydrates which can trigger insulin secretion which in turn kick-starts the secretion of sleep hormone. Avoid taking oily food.
Drink some water 90 minutes before going to bed. Lots of water results in frequent urination which can disturb sleep.
Apply night creams on your face, chin, and neck before sleep. They slow down the aging of the skin. They prevent fatigue, wrinkles, and stretch marks. After waking up, you will find you face bright and fresh and hence you will be cheerful for the rest of the day.
Apply oil to the scalp and leave it for some time. After that take bath and wash your scalp with warm water and drink a cup of hot milk to get a peaceful and sound sleep.
Some Tips on Natural Remedies For Sleep Disorders
- Add spinach to your diet and have dinner at least an hour before sleep.
- Don’t stay awake during late nights.
- Avoid taking nap in the middle of the day.
- Have a quiet Stroll for half an hour after dinner.
Due to modern lifestyle and food style, the disorders like insomnia is on the rise. This is a major disorder and affects the health of the human being and may be the major cause of all the modern time illness and diseases.
This factor made me write this article about Natural Remedies For Sleep Disorders.
Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.
Hope you enjoyed reading the article -Natural Remedies For Sleep Disorders and got awareness about natural ways to overcome insomnia. If you have any doubts, comments, and suggestion please write in the comment space below.